A jacket is not just a jacket. Different jackets serve different purposes, which is why we carry a wide range of outerwear - with and without down filling. Including waterproof down jackets to keep you protected from rain, wind and cold at the same time. Or the option of separate jackets to layer on top of each other, to adapt perfectly to the circumstances.
Guide: Choose the perfect jacket for your needs
In general, there are three things to consider when choosing a down jacket:
- Should the jacket only provide insulation, or do you also need protection from the rain?
- Do you need it to be extra lightweight?
- Which features do you need?
And the answer always comes down to your purpose.
Higher down quality means less weight:
How important is weight to you? If you are looking for a jacket to give you instant warmth when you need it, but the weight must not weigh you down when you must perform your best. Our ultralight jackets and vest is what you need. Typically, these jackets have less down to suit the needs of an active use. However, it is important to note that less down does not equal less warmth. A high quality down improves the fill power and provides more warmth with less down, resulting in a smaller, lighter, and softer jacket. Read more about the wonders of down here.
Water-repellent or waterproof:
- Do you need a jacket that can stand up to the rain? If you want to make sure not to get wet if caught in a storm, then you should opt for a waterproof down jacket - for women and for men. A hardshell jacket will keep you dry and the down will keep you warm. These are true element fighters and our favorite all-in-one winter jackets.
Many of our other jackets have a water-repellent fabric so you don’t have to worry about a light rain.
- Perhaps a vest will give you enough warmth? A down vest will keep your core warm without limiting your moveability. It will fit perfectly under an outer shell to add some heat to a thin layer of rain protection. And of course, it will save you quite a few grams of weight and space in your backpack.
What features do you need?
Think about the amount and placement of pockets. Do you only need regular outside pockets? Or would it be nice to have extra pocket on the chest or inside to protect you belongings.
Do you need a hood or not. If you do, do you need the hood to be detachable or able to cover a biking or climbing helmet. Our hoods are adjustable for a perfect fit.
- Zippers and ventilation
Most of our jackets is provided with a two-way zipper for better moveability and to allow air the enter. This feature is perfect when biking.
Jackets which are meant for more active use, also have underarm ventilation zippers which is great when hiking, biking, or skiing.
Last but not least, our non-shell down jackets can be packed in left hand pocket, which gives an ultra-small pack size.
Click into each jacket to discover the different features.
All jackets are available in sizes XS to XXL for women and in mens sizes S to 3XL.
Not yet dressed for winter? If you have further questions about our down jackets, we are eager to help. Contact one our down specialists via Facebook, mail or by simply calling +4573734069.