In the footprint category, you can find footprints and groundsheets – large pieces of waterproof, sturdy material that go underneath your tent to create a barrier between the tent and the harsh terrain below.
The Three Main Benefits of Buying A Footprint
- It extends the life of your tent by protecting it from sharp stones and abrasive terrain.
- It’s an affordable and lightweight material that won’t weigh you down on treks.
- Buying a footprint can improve the waterproof quality of the tent, keeping dampness from the earth out.
Buying Guide for Tent Footprints
Not sure about buying a footprint? Don’t stress, just look out for these features.
- What size and shape is the footprint? To work effectively, it must be roughly the same size and shape as your tent.
- Does it come with a carrying bag? This will make transport much easier, whether you’re using a vehicle or your own strength with a backpack.
- How much weight can the footprint handle? If you are frequently using your tent, the footprint and your tent floor will experience more wear as you walk/sleep on it.
To make sure you get the right footprint for your tent, find out what tent model you have first.
Practical Advice and Tips on Footprints
Here are 3 important things to remember about buying a footprint:
- Your footprint should never see the rain. It should be tucked under the tent neatly.
- Buy a footprint that’s approximately 2 inches smaller than the base of your tent.
- Always place your footprint with the shiny, PU coated side facing upwards and the dull side facing the ground below.
Why Buy a Footprint from Nordisk?
All the footprints for tents at Nordisk are crafted to be exactly the right size and shape for our tents. Even the most obscure tent base shapes will have a footprint!
Buying from Nordisk is simple and fast, with free shipping on orders over £50. You can buy a tent and footprint all in one place, saving you the hassle of searching for hours online. With a great return policy, you really have nothing to lose.
Scroll back up this page now to find the footprint that matches your tent model!